Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Maxine




Translation:
"Dear Santa: Maxine would like a non-plastic feeding set and the mother and her children and the root children and some socks and some toys Love, Maxine Happy Christmas thank you"

Okay, raise your hand if you think Maxine sounds a little crazy. I don't. I'm sure Maxine just wants the whole family. And a non-plastic feeding set to feed them. (and some socks and some toys, but those things are normal...General Fulfillment can deal with that.) However, a family of...what? I think the clue has to be in the "non-plastic feeding set", or "root cheldren", but I'm still not sure.

I'm feeling a little distracted from these letters today, because I've been running errands to other departments, advising on letters over at the video department, consulting on a couple of letters that were drawings only (in the Letters from the Very Young office), and tomorrow Santa is sending me on an errand away from the North Pole completely. I'm going to visit a girl who can't talk, because apparently we received a disturbing letter from her brother (concerning her), and someone has to figure out what she has to say (even though she can't talk...apparently she makes noise though). I'm not too worried, actually, about understanding her. I figure I either will or I won't. What else is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment